mobile +27 83 450 7039
Peter Dachs is an executive and joint head of ENSafrica’s tax department. He specialises in financial services, mergers and acquisitions, and international tax. In particular, he advises South African corporates and financial institutions on their domestic tax issues in relation to, among others, group re-organisations, financing, and mergers and acquisitions.
Peter also advises South African multinationals in respect of the South African tax consequences arising from their offshore investments, including profit extraction mechanisms, controlled foreign company planning and transfer pricing advice. In addition, he advises multinationals investing in South Africa in respect of appropriate investment strategies.
Peter has acted for South African and foreign corporates, banks and financial institutions, including insurance companies. He also advises high net worth individuals on their investments, in particular on the tax consequences of South African and offshore trusts.
Peter’s experience also includes advising on exchange control issues in respect of both investments into and out of South Africa.
Peter is an editor of The Taxpayer and has co-authored Silke on International Tax and Broomberg on Tax Strategy. He has lectured on tax at the universities of Cape Town and Stellenbosch.
Peter is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016, 2015 – Corporate Tax: Advisory (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Lawyer of the Year – Tax; 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2018, Tax Directors Handbook TDH250 2016– Tax (South Africa)
- BA (Rhodes University)
- LLB (cum laude) (Rhodes University)
- LLM (Cambridge University)
- HDip Tax (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney and conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales