Julius Oosthuizen is an Executive at ENSafrica and Joint Head of the Corporate Commercial practice, which is the largest department of its kind in Africa.
He specialises in M&A, corporate finance, insurance and social entrepreneurships (NGOs) and has acted as the lead advisor on a number of complex cross-border and domestic transactions on behalf of clients in various industry sectors. He has particular expertise in the financial services sector, handling financial markets and securities legislation and regulation matters as well as corporate actions in listed environments.
Julius has been involved in every aspect of the transaction process, from the provision of structuring advice, conducting and managing due diligence investigations, to contract negotiation and drafting and project managing the implementation phase. Julius has led multi-jurisdictional transactions on the African continent, and has further either led or advised on transactions in such diverse jurisdictions as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, India, Indonesia, Botswana and Rwanda.
Julius’ further experience includes general corporate law.
Julius is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; M&A – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Corporate Law; 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019 – Insurance Law; 2023,2020 - Mergers and Acquisitions; 2023, 2020 - Insurance Lawyer of the Year; 2022 - Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A (South Africa)
- BCom (Cum Laude) (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- LLM (Summa Cum Laude) (University of Notre Dame)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa