mobile +27 83 577 6500
Julius Oosthuizen is an Executive at ENSafrica and Joint Head of the Corporate Commercial practice, which is the largest department of its kind in Africa.
He specialises in M&A, where he has been involved in every aspect of the process, from the provision of structuring advice, conducting and managing due diligence investigations, to contract negotiation and drafting. He has extensive experience in the drafting of commercial contracts, either in the context of M&A, or as stand-alone transactions.
He has acted for a range of clients in corporate transactions, and has particular experience in cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions within the financial services sector and corporate actions in listed environments. Julius has been involved in successful and potential transactions in such diverse jurisdictions as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, India, Indonesia, Botswana and Rwanda.
Julius’ further experience includes general corporate, retail and IT law.
Julius is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; M&A – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Corporate Law; 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019 – Insurance Law; 2023,2020 - Mergers and Acquisitions; 2023, 2020 - Insurance Lawyer of the Year; 2022 - Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- Legal 500 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A (South Africa)
- BCom (cum laude) (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- LLM (summa cum laude) (University of Notre Dame)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa