mobile +27 82 451 0483
Roger Rudolph is an executive in ENSafrica’s banking and finance practice.
Roger specialises in structuring and leading transactions and projects that seek to achieve deal-specific tax, regulatory, financial or accounting objectives. These transactions have typically involved a combination of derivatives, hybrid-equity instruments, local or cross-border tax, investment funds, securities law or corporate law elements. His experience includes extensive and prolonged involvement in the structuring and implementation of a wide range of liability-matching and hedging transactions as well as outsourcings by pension funds and insurers.
Roger has advised central banks, commercial banks, financial institutions and industry bodies on a range of governance, transactional and regulatory matters and advised local and foreign central banks on financial support to other banks and on establishing a legislative framework for the netting of financial transactions.
He has advised two South African public sector pension funds on the defence and settlement of a certified class action brought against the funds and the employer company and one of those funds in a substantial recovery of the proceeds of state capture.
Roger is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; Banking, Capital markets : Debt, Capital markets : Equity – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Capital Markets: Debt (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Banking and Finance; Investment Funds - Recommended / Leading Lawyer (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Banking and Finance; 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Capital Markets and Insurance; 2022 - Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- BA (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa