mobile +27 82 413 0882
Jocelyn Katz is an Executive and Head of ENSafrica’s Competition / Anti-Trust department. She specialises in all aspects of competition law, including mergers and the compilation of merger notifications, objections to mergers on behalf of interested parties, advising on transaction structures and complaint proceedings involving prohibited practices and abuses of dominance.
Jocelyn’s experience includes offering advice in terms of South Africa’s Corporate Leniency Policy, as well as on the running of various competition law audits and compliance education programmes for clients. Jocelyn has extensive experience in the complex competition law aspects of business rescue proceedings, has been involved in many local and international private equity transactions and has advised both acquirers and targets in the anti-trust elements of hostile takeover bids.
Jocelyn has filed merger notifications in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia and Swaziland, and has also provided merger control advice in respect of various African jurisdictions, including COMESA, Mauritius, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Nigeria.
Jocelyn has acted in a range of industries, including the financial services, steel, insurance and property industries, as well as in the manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, mining, healthcare, FMCG and pharmaceutical sectors.
Jocelyn has written articles for Without Prejudice and Business Law and Tax Review and is an editor of the Butterworths Competition Law Reports.
Jocelyn is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Competition/Anti-trust (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Competition (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Competition/Anti-trust (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2015 Expert – Competition (South Africa)
- W@Competition 40 in their 40s 2019 – Notable Women Competition Professionals
area of expertiseCOMPETITION/ANTI-TRUST
- BA (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate in Competition Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa