mobile +250 788 309 090
Désiré Kamanzi is Head of ENSafrica in Rwanda. He is an advocate in business law, with a focus on commercial, contract, banking and finance, energy and infrastructure, labour and employment, mining, telecommunications and alternative dispute resolution.
Désiré’s experience includes assisting leading local and international investors in establishing their businesses in Rwanda, and he has acted for a number of major listed and unlisted clients in the mining, telecommunications, transport and financial services sectors.
Désiré serves as the secretary general for the Rwandan Law Society and has advised the Rwandan government through its Investment and Export Promotion Agency (currently the Rwanda Development Board) as its chief legal counsel and director for trade and investment promotion.
He has lectured at the law faculty of the National University of Rwanda and has been intricately involved in the drafting of key priority areas of Rwandan law.
Désiré is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – General Business Law (Rwanda)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 (Banking, Disputes, Energy and Infrastructure, M&A, Project Development, Project Finance) – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (Rwanda)
- The Legal 500 Guide to Outstanding Lawyers 2016 – Legal Market Overview (Burundi)
- Bachelor of Law (with Honours) (National University of Rwanda)
- LLL (National University of Rwanda)
- LLM in International Business Law (University of Ottawa)
- Member of the Kigali Bar Association
- Advocate of the High Court of Rwanda