mobile +27 83 260 8778
Zeyn Bhyat is an executive in ENSafrica’s corporate commercial department. He specialises in private and public M&A, corporate finance, corporate restructurings and cross-border transactions, particularly into Africa.
Zeyn has acted for sector and industry leaders in the financial services sector, particularly in the banking, Islamic finance, and insurance industries, as well as in the property, aviation, mining/natural resources, offshore private equity funds, advertising, media, broad-based black economic empowerment and hotel/leisure industries.
His experience includes cross-border/international transactions, commercial contracts, corporate advice and governance, corporate structuring, corporate finance, aviation finance and aviation asset acquisition, mining/natural resources joint ventures, private equity, Islamic finance (structuring and development), and anti-trust/competition.
Zeyn’s experience further extends to working closely with the various in-country regulators supervising M&A activity in Southern Africa, such as:
- the South African Takeover Regulation Panel;
- the JSE Limited;
- the South African Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Commission;
- various Southern African competition authorities;
- the South African Prudential Regulator;
- the South African Financial Services Conduct Authority;
- the Botswana Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority; and
- various central banks in the region.
Zeyn currently acts as trustee to a faith-based registered public benefit organisation and regularly assists in their offering. He has given lectures to members of the Black Lawyers Association on corporate law. Zeyn also presents seminars on Islamic finance.
Zeyn is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The 2019, 2018 and 2017 Acritas Stars Database and Report
- BA (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of Witwatersrand)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Competition Law (University of Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa