our TMT offering
ENSafrica’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) team offers a comprehensive, dynamic and diverse combination of specialist international skills, experience and backgrounds, which allows it to provide a complete, quality solution to the legal services requirements of its clients.
Each team member is able to view a legal issue facing an organisation from a different perspective, so as to provide an integrated legal solution to the problem. This multi-faceted offering enables the team to advise domestic and multi-national companies, governments and investors across the full scope of their businesses, by shaping its services to meet the precise needs and budgets of its clients. The team is equally adept at advising companies in the TMT sector, as well as customers seeking to procure TMT-related products and services.
The team’s experience in counselling on a wide range of issues has given it an exceptional understanding of its clients’ business environments, uniquely positioning it to provide the most responsive, efficient, and effective legal solutions available in the following areas:
- technology transactions and governance
- data protection
- ICT-related due diligence
- e-commerce and m-commerce
- media and broadcasting regulation and transactions
- telecommunications corporate, commercial and regulatory advice
Having worked with a range of clients across Africa, Europe, Asia and North America, the TMT team is not only well versed in the law, but also has an understanding of the dynamics that drive successful businesses in the TMT sector, and the intricacies involved in successfully procuring goods and services from companies in the TMT sector.
Its practitioners are actively engaged in various industry bodies and forums and regularly present and publish on an array of topics, including offering general seminars, alerts and briefings on the latest legal developments and hot topics, illustrating its commitment to giving its clients commercially relevant solutions.
The team is led by Ridwaan Boda.
our services include
- technology sale, support, licensing, procurement, project management and governance
- business process and ICT outsourcing
- data protection, use, transfer and commercialisation
- consumer-oriented online and mobile technology and services
- service provider-orientated transactions, including teaming and subcontractor arrangements, marketing and distribution transactions, and resource procurement
- e-business, m-business, m-banking and e-government related transactions and services
- drafting the full range of technology agreements (for both service providers and customers)
- advising on cloud-based services and technologies
- conducting IT-related due diligence in M&A transactions
- M&A, reorganisations and joint ventures in the IT sector
- broadcasting and publishing regulation
- digital and traditional content regulation, transactions and commercialisation
- digital and traditional advertising and promotions regulation and transactions
- content assignment, delivery and licensing
- event management and operation infrastructure
- sponsorship agreements
- M&A, reorganisations and joint ventures in the media sector
- telecommunications regulations and policy on matters such as operational compliance, licensing, VoIP services, anti-competitive practices, consumer protection, and privacy
- regulatory and licensing advisory work on behalf of operators and service providers, including licence applications, amendments and transfers
- commercial transactions, consumer agreements and arrangements on behalf of service providers, equipment manufacturers, apparatus providers, financial institutions and other entities
- advising organisations engaged in provisioning telecommunications infrastructure
- advising service providers and other organisations engaged in the mobile, internet and satellite sectors
- guidance on telecommunications management, converged communications services, networking integration and strategic initiatives and growth strategies
- M&A, reorganisations and joint ventures in the telecommunications sector