ENSafrica’s dispute resolution department has extensive experience advising domestic and international corporations, financial institutions, government and regulatory bodies in respect of sensitive, complex, high value and multi-jurisdictional disputes that require fast and effective solutions. The team offers both dispute avoidance and optimal risk management, ensuring that relevant counsel and advice is obtained before any litigation process is considered.
The team has acted in high level matters throughout Africa, in countries including Botswana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa, Seychelles, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
what we offer
The ENSafrica dispute resolution department acts in and advises on all aspects of commercial litigation/dispute resolution both prior to the commencement of the litigation process and thereafter, including:
- representing clients in arbitrations and regulatory tribunals (both local and international)
- furnishing opinions to clients with regards to all aspects of dispute resolution
- representing clients in courts throughout Africa
- representing clients in regulatory tribunals and hearings convened in terms of statutes
- advising on and representing clients in settlement negotiations
- advising clients on alternate dispute resolution processes, including mediation
- assisting on administrative appeals in relation to decisions by regulatory bodies, including reviews of such decisions
- assisting with and representing clients in draft legislation and regulations submissions
- representing clients before the statutory ombudsmen of various industries
- liaising with foreign legal counsel on behalf of clients in relation to cross-border litigation and coordinating the management of such matters