Rowan Forster is a director at ENSafrica in the intellectual property department. He specialises in patent and design applications, both locally and internationally, with a particular focus on the drafting, filing and prosecution thereof. In addition, Rowan specialises in trade mark filing and prosecution in various jurisdictions, as well as intellectual property litigation. Although he has a background in Chemistry, having practised on his own account for many years, he has experience in a wide range of technologies.
He has represented various clients in, among others, the IT and agrochemical industries, and the security and jewellery manufacturing industries, in various IP-related matters.
Rowan is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by the following reputable rating agencies and their publications:
- Managing IP: IP Stars Handbook 2016 – Patents (South Africa)
- IAM Patent 1000 2014, 2013 – Patents Licensing and Prosecution (South Africa)
Rowan is a member of the following IP associations:
- LES - Licensing Executives Society
- INTA - International Trademarks Association
- AIPPI - International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- SAIIPL –South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law – fellow member
- B Sc (Hons) (Chemistry and Applied Chemistry) (University of Natal)
- B Proc (University of South Africa)
- Registered patent attorney
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Years of experience