Ilse du Plessis is a director at ENSafrica in the intellectual property department. She specialises in trademarks, copyright, and other intellectual property matters.
She has acted for local and international clients from various sectors, including automotive, communication, financial services, food & beverages, insurance, media, retail and sport.
Ilse’s experience includes all matters concerned with trade mark portfolio management, including trade mark searches, filings, maintenance and audits, with particular emphasis on foreign and African trade marks. She also specialises in transactional intellectual property matters, including due diligence investigations, licensing and transfers, as well as plant breeders’ rights and copyright matters.
Ilse is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, 2016, 2015 – Intellectual Property (South Africa)
- Managing IP: IP Stars Handbooks 2016 – Trade marks (South Africa)
Ilse is a member of the following IP associations:
- LES - Licensing Executives Society
- INTA - International Trademarks Association - Publications Committee (2012 – 2014), Bulletin Committee (2011)
- SAIIPL - South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law – associate member
- PTMG – The Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group
- BA (cum laude) (University of Stellenbosch)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of Stellenbosch)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Years of experience