Gilbert Nyatanyi is an executive at ENSafrica | Rwanda. He provides general as well as banking and finance legal advice. He specialises in secured transactions, acquisition and corporate finance, syndicated loans, capital markets.
He has acted for several companies, financial institutions and governments on a wide range of legal matters in Europe and Africa (especially the United Republic of Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Central African Republic, Rwanda and Burundi), and has an extensive high level network on the African continent.
Gilbert’s experience includes advising several international clients in connection with assets financing, credit transactions, mergers and acquisitions, secured transactions. Furthermore, he has a wide experience of advising investors in the Great Lakes Region, especially Burundi, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Gilbert, who has both the Belgian and Rwandan nationality, has a Masters of Law (1995) from the University of Ghent (Belgium) and is fluent in English, French, Dutch, German and Kinyarwanda.
He has published numerous articles and presentations, including on law reforms in emerging countries and on economic developments in Africa, and has been invited in Belgium and abroad to give presentations on the legal aspects of doing business in Africa.
Gilbert is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers 2017 – General Business Law (experts based abroad) (Burundi); 2016 – “spotlight table” – General Business Law (Burundi and Rwanda); 2015, 2014 – General Business Law (Burundi)
- The Legal 500 Guide to Outstanding Lawyers 2016 – Legal Market Overview (Burundi)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide: Leading Lawyer 2015 (Burundi)
- Masters of Law (University of Ghent)
- Member of the Brussels Bar
Years of experience