Ambassador Mwanaidi Sinare Maajar is an advocate and partner at ENSafrica in Tanzania. She specialises in corporate law, banking and finance, natural resources law (including mining and oil and gas) and energy law.
She was previously the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Republic of Tanzania to the United States of America and Mexico, the Tanzanian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, and non-resident Ambassador to Ireland.
Ambassador Maajar has handled many complex and high-profi¬le cases, including a review of the legal and regulatory regime of the mineral sector in Tanzania, mineral exploration and mine development financing, legal due diligence on mining, energy, oil and gas, corporate mergers and acquisitions and liquidations.
Her experience also includes providing specialist advice on corporate set ups, corporate restructuring, receiverships, privatisation and divestiture of public corporations, commercial contracts, employment and labour law, tax law, business licensing and regulation.
Ambassador Maajar is a member of the following professional societies and boards:
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East Africa Law Society (“EALS”). Ambassador Maajar helped establish the EALS in 1995.
- Tanzania Women Lawyers' Association (“TAWLA”). Ambassador Maajar was one of the founders of TAWLA, established in 1990.
Ambassador Maajar is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2019, 2018, 2017 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (Tanzania)
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016 – General Business Law (Tanzania)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016 – Legal Market Overview (Tanzania)
- LLB (Hons) (University of Dar es Salaam)
- LLM (University of Dar es Salaam)
Years of experience