Working together across Africa, our dedicated insurance practice group is able to deliver an all-round, cost-effective service to our clients, who include leading African and international insurance companies, Lloyd’s syndicates, local and international brokers and other intermediaries, as well as a variety of policyholders.
We have a strong, multidisciplinary practice group with substantial knowledge of the continent and its diversity.
Our key differentiator is our high level of in-depth, specialised expertise and experience across the full spectrum of insurance work, spanning claims and disputes, regulatory, due diligence, forensic services, corporate and financial services, M&A work, and tax.
As a result, we are entrusted by our clients with their most complex transactions and their most sensitive disputes.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm (in areas such as dispute resolution, corporate commercial, tax, banking and finance, and Africa regulatory and business intelligence), meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
We provide advice on all aspects of insurance law, including:
- cargo and goods in transit
- construction and engineering (including machinery breakdown and business interruption)
- coverage advice, as well as guidance on strategy management of coverage issues
- employment practices liability
- financial institutions and D&O
- guarantees (including construction and mining rehabilitation financial guarantees)
- framework agreements for subrogated recoveries
- mining, industries and power
- non-claims / pure commercial litigation
- product liability and recall
- professional indemnity
- public liability
- all aspects of insurance regulation
- assisting in new product development from a regulatory and policy wording point of view
- compliance with the relevant legislation and codes
- drafting policy wording
- assisting insurers in corporate/M&A work and capital market raising, including corporate insurance mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and expansion into new markets
- cell captive arrangements
- insurance investments and hedging, including derivatives and security lending and repurchasing transactions
- Lloyd’s of London related advice
- managing intellectual property portfolios
- transactional matters, including structuring and implementing large and complex local and cross-border insurance, reinsurance and restructuring transactions
- underwriting management agreements and agency agreements
- warranties and indemnities