Energy drives the growth and development which is transforming Africa, and we are proud to be at the coalface of the dynamic energy space on the continent.
Our dedicated and highly ranked energy team is able to offer you the full scope of legal advisory and transactional support services, including all regulatory, financing and transactional aspects of coal, electricity, solar, hydro, liquefied natural gas, nuclear, oil and gas, and renewables.
We can help you to navigate regulatory hurdles, identify and manage risks, and maximise your investment and commercial opportunities, in a world facing the challenges of limited resources and climate change.
Our key differentiator is our extensive experience in highly complex cross-border energy projects, spanning a host of areas and all development stages. We have established a strong track record in industry-related transactions, acting for market leaders across the energy value chain throughout Africa.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
We advise on all aspects of energy law, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Corporate structuring and anti-trust law
- Critical flaw analysis, pre-feasibility studies and feasibility studies, risk assessment and due diligence investigations
- Dispute resolution
- Electricity generation
- Environmental compliance
- Fossil fuel energy facilities
- Land and surface use
- Legislative and regulatory compliance
- Oil and gas: upstream, midstream and downstream (including licencing requirements, exploration activities, and the development and financing of facilities and infrastructure, as well as importation, storage, wholesale, distribution and retail of petroleum products, including oil and petrochemicals)
- Operation and maintenance of plants and facilities
- Privatisations and public private partnerships
- Property acquisition and development
- Renewable energy facilities