Our dedicated infrastructure team provides an holistic offering across Africa which spans all stages of a project’s lifecycle and is complemented by a comprehensive construction and engineering offering.
Our key differentiator is that we are uniquely positioned to offer integrated front-end project development services in the energy and infrastructure sectors because we have an exceptional understanding of the risks associated with projects in Africa and because we are able to proactively identify, allocate and minimise these.
We are often at the forefront of changes in legislation and regularly help to develop industry-specific legislation and regulation. Our practical knowledge and ability, together with our commercial savvy, enables us to help you to respond and adapt to developments in the law and the marketplace.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
We advise on all aspects of project development and project finance, including:
- all agreements relating to structuring, developing, operating and maintaining projects, including supply agreements, bespoke contracts and professional consultancy agreements
- construction bonds and guarantees
- dispute resolution
- early development licencing and permitting assessments
- mine and resource development
- municipal infrastructure
- oil and gas: upstream, midstream and downstream
- permits, licences, project agreements and financing term sheets
- project development and project finance
- project interface arrangements
- rail, roads and ports
- regulatory compliance
- risk assessment and due diligence investigations
- risk management
- tender processes and evaluations, including procurement strategies, regulatory advice,a dn compiling and reviewing requests for proposals
- transactional support in respect of privatisations and public private partnerships (PPPs)
- various contracting methodologies