ENSafrica has the largest Chinese-speaking team of all the law firms in Africa and is able to provide you with the complete range of specialised legal and tax services.
Our dedicated Asia Practice Group advises Asian clients who are already investing in Africa or who wish to do so. Our key differentiator is that we have a proven track record of working closely with major Asian enterprises and enjoy a good understanding of the areas in which Asian companies experience difficulties when trading in Africa. We are fluent in Chinese, and are happy to conduct meetings and consultations in Chinese.
We realise that you need to find a trusted advisor to guide you on the African continent. We have extensive experience in working closely with major state-owned and private enterprises from Asia, as well as with prominent Asian law firms.
We also have an excellent understanding of the difficulties which Asian companies experience when doing business in Africa, such as cultural and linguistic differences, and business challenges relating to immigration, tax, mining and employment regulations.
We strive to get to know your business well in order to provide you with what you need on the continent. What sets us apart from other law firms is our deep knowledge of the laws, customs, languages and cultures of African countries and people, which enables us to navigate local markets, thus ensuring your peace of mind and the success of your investment, no matter where in Africa you choose to do business.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
We offer the full spectrum of legal, tax, forensics and IP services across Africa, including:
- advisory service on treaties, conventions and practice concerning trade and commerce between African countries
- African entry and expansion strategy into Asia
- application for operating licences and regulatory approvals
- Asian entry and expansion strategy into Africa
- assessment of tax implications of proposed investments
- commercial disputes (international arbitration, court proceedings in local jurisdictions, mediation and negotiated settlements, enforcement of foreign awards and litigation support to foreign counsel)
- consulting services in English, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish
- corporate restructuring
- drafting and reviewing documents and negotiating commercial contracts
- employment law-related dispute resolution
- expatriate staff tax planning and tax compliance filing
- formation of offshore and special purpose vehicles
- immigration law and applications for permits
- legal and tax due diligence
- M&A advisory
- negotiation support
- registration of foreign investment enterprises
- tax optimisation, foreign exchange control and customs advisory
- transfer pricing advisory for goods imported from Asia to various jurisdictions in Africa