mine and occupational health and safety
ENSafrica is the only law firm in Africa with a dedicated team of Mine and Occupational Health and Safety (MOHS) specialists, and our senior practitioners have more than 60 years of combined experience.
We advise international mining houses and multinational corporates on compliance with MOHS law, including the South African Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA), the South African Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHASA) and legislation regarding compensation for work-related deaths, injuries and diseases.
We are not just experts in the law: what sets us apart is our deep knowledge and understanding of mining and heavy industry, including complex technical issues such as rock engineering, geology, seismology, construction and general engineering.
We regularly comment on amendments to MOHS legislation in South Africa and have been holding in-depth annual MOHS seminars for our clients for more than 25 years.
We appear personally as a trusted advisor for our clients in informal investigations, formal inquiries, inquests, criminal prosecutions, civil court proceedings and dispute resolution. This means we do not need to outsource court appearances, thereby saving you time, costs and the hassle of having to re-brief third parties.
We have published the following books through LexisNexis:
- “Mine Health and Safety Law” by Willem le Roux
- “Occupational Health and Safety Law” by Willem le Roux and Pieter Colyn
- “Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 and Regulations” by Willem le Roux and Pieter Colyn
- “Mine Health and Safety Guidelines” by Willem le Roux and Pieter Colyn
- “Commentary to the Construction Regulations, 2014” by Willem le Roux and Pieter Colyn
- “Legal Appointment Letters in terms of the Construction Regulations, 2014” by Willem le Roux and Pieter Colyn
- “ENSafrica Coronavirus (COVID-19) Risk Management Guide (for industries outside mining)” by Pieter Colyn, Tyla Foster, Juanita Broom and Lauren Salt