ENSafrica houses the largest and most experienced of the leading employment teams in Africa and is renowned for its involvement in high-level matters throughout the continent.
Our key differentiator is our leveraged approach to teamwork, which sees all our team members – from senior executives to candidate attorneys – working together on matters. This means that you benefit from the best possible service, at the best possible rates.
Our dedicated employment team advises African and international companies in all major industries on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment law, as well as pension and employee benefits, such as the employment of expatriates, global mobility and cross-border matters. We also advise on all aspects of collective labour law, including dealing with trade unions, organisational rights issues, and industrial action.
We are well known for our expertise in transfers of business, restructuring, retrenchments, outsourcing, executive terminations, collective bargaining disputes and discrimination law, and we are the recognised industry leader in employment-related insolvency, liquidation, distress and business rescue matters.
We also have a strong litigation and restraint of trade work reputation, with our own internal counsel and most practitioners appearing personally in litigation matters rather than using external counsel.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
ENSafrica’s employment department advises on and assists with all aspects of employment law, including:
- advising on, negotiating and drafting executive and other employment agreements, as well as workplace policies and procedures
- all aspects of collective labour law, including dealing with trade unions, organisational rights issues, and industrial action
- all aspects of international employment law, including the employment of expatriates, global mobility and setting up contractual arrangements
- employee fraud and corruption and compliance cases, in conjunction with the firm’s forensics department
- employment aspects of various transactions and cross-border M&A
- employment benefits, including medical aid and retirement funds
- employment litigation in the various employment tribunals, including restraint of trade/non-compete and gardening leave matters
- global mobility and immigration law
- insolvency, distress, liquidations and business rescue related employment law work
- large- and small-scale restructuring exercises and retrenchments
- misconduct and poor performance issues in the workplace
- prosecution of professional misconduct cases against auditors on behalf of South Africa’s Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors
- regulatory compliance, dismissal, unfair labour practice and discrimination disputes, and litigation
- senior executive terminations
- sports employment law
- transfers of business