ENSafrica is entrusted by major local and international mining clients to develop innovative solutions to meet their individual needs across the full spectrum of legal services in the mining sector.
Our dedicated mining team offers you comprehensive assistance with all your legal matters throughout Africa, including guiding you in establishing in-country and cross-border operations.
We have a solid reputation for acting on large, complex, high-profile transactions, and we are renowned for our ability to manage risk and leverage opportunities.
Our key differentiator is that we not only have a deep understanding of the commercial and regulatory aspects of the mining business, but we also have a very strong technical expertise and understanding of mining and metals.
We have a prominent presence in mining in East Africa, Southern Africa and Francophone Africa, where we have French-speaking lawyers who practise French law.
ENSafrica is recognised by top ranking agencies for achieving consistently high standards when working on the continent.
As Africa’s largest law firm with over 600 specialist practitioners, ENSafrica has the capacity to deliver on your business requirements across all major industries and the continent. We are able to leverage our resources to suit your pricing preferences and deliver within your timeframes.
what we offer
Our experience and expertise covers all aspects of mining law and related areas in Africa, including:
- Access to mines, and land and surface use matters
- Administrative and constitutional law
- Broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) (South Africa)
- Community development and stakeholder management
- Competition / antitrust, licensing assistance and exchange control approvals
- Construction and engineering
- Corporate commercial, including M&A and corporate formation and structuring (such as joint ventures and alliances)
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Drafting of mining project agreements (project management, structuring, development and operations)
- Due diligence investigations
- Employment law, employee tax structuring, immigration and human capital
- Environmental matters, including regulatory issues, devising environmental and climate change strategies, and the implementation of carbon tax and greenhouse gas emissions reduction strategies
- Forensic investigations, consulting and anti-bribery compliance
- Insolvency, restructuring and business rescue
- Listings on the JSE, AltX, ASX and AIM
- Mine and occupational health and safety (MOHS)
- Mineral royalties
- Project finance, capital raising and sophisticated funding arrangements
- Public sector law
- Regulatory and compliance, including mining and mineral titles
- Tax, mining tax, exchange control and transfer pricing
- Upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industry activities