ENSafrica’s dedicated private equity team offers a comprehensive range of professional services in relation to all aspects of private equity and venture capital throughout Africa.
Our clients include leading local and international private equity and venture capital houses, private equity fund managers, investment firms, banks, financial institutions, corporates and retirement funds.
We are able to advise on the full spectrum of transactions which private equity participants engage in, because we specialise in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, fund formation, international and local tax, exchange control, finance, securitisation and regulatory compliance.
Our key differentiator is our expertise in these areas, together with our ability to render legal services across Africa, and to draw on our firm’s experience in industry-specific areas, such as finance, mining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, retail, telecommunications, infrastructure, logistics and construction.
We also have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
We have extensive experience in all aspects of private equity and venture capital, including:
- establishing and structuring private equity and venture capital funds
- advising on investments into private equity and venture capital funds, including tax and exchange control considerations and regulatory approval
- structuring and advising on investments by private equity and venture capital funds, including due diligence investigations, tax structuring and regulatory considerations, and the acquisition, disposals and other transactional activity of these funds
- advising on a range of company law, governance and management incentive issues affecting portfolio companies and private equity firms
- advising on exit strategies and the efficient structuring, negotiation and execution of initial public offerings, trade sales and recapitalisations
- broad-based black economic empowerment (South Africa)