ENSafrica’s dedicated corporate commercial team is the largest in Africa and services leading clients across the full spectrum of business mergers and major deals on the continent.
We have the capacity to work simultaneously on many substantial M&A deals, in addition to medium and small transactions.
Our key differentiator is our deep expertise and extensive experience in advising on the legal aspects of doing business in Africa, through our in-depth knowledge of the complexities and nuances of the legal and regulatory frameworks in each country, and across borders.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
By adding financial, tax, competition, regulatory and employment law expertise to our offering, we have become known for our value-generating role in corporate restructuring and commercial contracts in industries as varied as mining, energy, retail and telecommunications.
Our wide range of clients from the public and private sectors includes large listed companies, multinational corporations, international agencies, state-owned enterprises, government departments and non-governmental organisations.
what we offer
We provide a broad range of corporate commercial and transactional services, including:
- 2008 Companies Act and the King Reports on Corporate Governance (South Africa)
- broad-based black economic empowerment (South Africa)
- capital markets
- company / business sales and purchases
- corporate formations and structuring
- corporate restructuring
- drafting, negotiating and reviewing all forms of commercial and business contracts
- due diligence investigations (corporate, commercial and human resources)
- duties and responsibilities of directors and officers, and other corporate governance aspects
- general commercial advisory
- guidance in engaging the statutory and regulatory environments affecting listed public and other companies
- joint ventures
- legal compliance
- management buy-outs
- private equity and venture capital
- schemes of arrangement
- share incentive schemes
- stock exchange listings, de-listings and continued compliance, including dual listing regulations
- trade agreements