banking and finance
ENSafrica has a dedicated banking and finance team which is well known for its scale and depth, and for its cross-border work throughout Africa.
Our key differentiator is our high level of in-depth, specialised expertise and experience across the full spectrum of banking and finance work, including financial services regulation, leveraged finance, asset finance, debt finance, trade finance and capital markets.
We work with leading African and international financial institutions and blue chip companies, and we are sought after by investors, including development finance institutions, who require our expertise in their complex and high value matters, including cross-border mandates spanning multiple countries.
We have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm (in areas such as tax, corporate commercial, employment, and insolvency, business rescue and debt recovery), meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
We have well-established capabilities in local law, English law, French law and OHADA law, which enables us to provide you with legal advice in every jurisdiction across the African continent.
what we offer
We advise local and international companies and financial institutions on the full spectrum of banking and finance matters, including:
- asset finance, including aircraft finance
- collective investment schemes and private instrument funds
- debt capital markets
- derivatives, swaps, repurchase transactions and securities lending
- distressed debt and workouts
- financial products and asset management
- financial services regulation
- general debt
- hybrid debt
- insurance, including export credits
- islamic finance
- leveraged finance and private equity
- pension funds
- property finance
- structuring and financing of broad-based black economic empowerment transactions (South Africa)
- structured finance
- trade and commodity finance