banking and finance
ENSafrica has a dedicated banking and finance team which is well known for its scale and depth, and for its cross-border work throughout Africa.
Our key differentiator is the extent and breadth of our expertise and experience across the full spectrum of banking and finance work, including financial services regulation, leveraged finance, asset finance, debt finance, trade finance and capital markets.
We work with leading African and international financial institutions and blue chip companies, and we are sought after by investors, including development finance institutions, who require our expertise in their complex and high value matters, including cross-border mandates spanning multiple countries.
We have well-established capabilities in local law, English law, French law and OHADA law, which enables us to provide you with legal advice in every jurisdiction in Africa.
ENSafrica is recognised by top ranking agencies for achieving consistently high standards when working on the continent.
As Africa’s largest law firm with over 600 specialist practitioners, ENSafrica has the capacity to deliver on your business requirements across all major industries and the continent. We are able to leverage our resources to suit your pricing preferences and deliver within your timeframes.
what we offer
We provide advice on the full spectrum of banking and finance matters, including:
- Asset finance, including aircraft finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer finance and data protection
- Debt, including hybrid and mezzanine debt, and preference share funding
- Derivatives, swaps, repurchase transactions and securities lending
- Distressed debt, workouts and restructurings
- Exchange controls
- Financial services regulation
- Financial services policy and regulatory reform
- Funds and asset management, including collective investment schemes, hedge funds and alternative investments
- Infrastructure finance
- Insurance, including export credit insurance and reinsurance
- Islamic finance
- Leveraged finance and private equity
- Payment and settlement systems
- Property finance
- Public sector funding
- Retirement funds
- Structuring and financing of broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) transactions (South Africa)
- Structured finance
- Trade and commodity finance