real estate / property
Property transactions in Africa and beyond have become increasingly complex and advanced as a result of changes in legislation, multi-party foreign investment and cross-border sales and purchases.
ENSafrica’s dedicated property and real estate team is able to respond effectively to these challenges due to our extensive experience in advising on property developments and projects, including resort building, land restitution claims, mining villages, oil, energy projects, water projects, student accommodation and contractual issues.
Several of our lawyers have worked together as a team for more than 15 years and our clients, many of whom are long-standing, recognise that we are dedicated to providing practical and commercial advice which is always solution-driven.
We handle a wide variety of real estate transactions and our strong track record of working on some of the most high-profile and innovative real estate matters allows us to bring solutions that add value at all stages of property investments and development transactions.
Our clients represent a broad range of industries, including the public and private sector, energy and natural resources, hospitality and leisure, property developers, banks and other financial services.
Our key differentiator is that we have the unique advantage, as part of Africa’s largest law firm, of being able to harness the expertise of more than 600 practitioners throughout the continent. ENSafrica has a significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and IP.
As such, we regularly partner with specialists across the firm, meaning that we are able to assist with all aspects of all matters across all sectors in all African jurisdictions, ensuring that your legal requirements are handled quickly and seamlessly.
what we offer
ENSafrica’s property and real estate team advises on all aspects of property law, including:
commercial (commercial, industrial, residential and retail projects)
- development vehicles, strategies and implementation
- lease agreements, sectional title developments, share block developments and fractional ownership
- project-related advice, including leisure, hotels, construction, infrastructure, energy and mining projects and concessions
- property rights
- real estate funds, investment and facilities available to investors
general property law
- compliance with local and national legislation and authorities regarding land issues
- consumer protection
- development of informal settlements, including applications and registrations
- land planning, land use and rights applications
- registration of mortgage bonds
- restitution of land rights and heritage applications
- transfer of immovable property
transactional (immovable and movable property)
- advice on structuring of specialist transactions such as renewable developments
- commercial contracts
- due diligence investigations
- financing strategies (including securities)
- structuring of investments, including foreign investments and debt
- tax structures