broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE)
Our dedicated Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) practice group has advised on an extensive number of groundbreaking and significant B-BBEE transactions across all sectors in South Africa, including the 2019 DealMakers B-BBEE Deal of the Year.
B-BBEE is a constitutionally mandated objective of the South African Government which seeks to address the legacy of apartheid through legislation and policy aimed at increasing the participation of black people in the economy.
B-BBEE consists of measures and initiatives that are aimed at increasing levels of equity ownership by black people in businesses operating in South Africa, increasing the number of black people who participate in management roles in businesses, improving the skills of black employees, assisting black owned SMMEs, procuring goods and services from businesses that are good contributors to B-BBEE, and corporate social investment.
Our key differentiators are our deep understanding of the Government’s requirements, our regular interactions with all stakeholders, including the regulator and the B-BBEE Commission, and our track record of having advised on the largest and most high profile B-BBEE transactions in the country.
ENSafrica is recognised by top ranking agencies for achieving consistently high standards when working on the continent.
As Africa’s largest law firm with over 600 specialist practitioners, ENSafrica has the capacity to deliver on your business requirements across all major industries and the continent. We are able to leverage our resources to suit your pricing preferences and deliver within your timeframes.
what we offer
We provide a broad range of B-BBEE advice, including:
- Compliance with the B-BBEE legislation, including the B-BBEE codes, B-BBEE sector codes and charters and related legislation and regulations
- B-BBEE advisory (including the structuring of B-BBEE ownership transactions)
- Equity Equivalent Investment Programmes (EEIP) for multinational companies
- B-BBEE due diligence investigations, assessments and compliance opinions
- Submissions to the B-BBEE Commission (including registrations of major B-BBEE transactions and annual compliance reports by JSE listed companies)
- Assistance with B-BBEE assessments and disputes
- B-BBEE training