ENSafrica’s dedicated private clients team offers you a highly personalised wealth management service with straightforward, practical, quality advice, solutions and support from our experts.
We ensure that our advice is flexible enough to ride the storms of an uncertain and rapidly changing world and we help you to navigate the complexities of an intricately interwoven business and personal life, amid the health, economic and financial risks arising from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, so that you can preserve and enhance your wealth while also ensuring that your investment structures are legally compliant.
We specialise in providing high net worth individuals and their families with tax, exchange control and succession planning advice which often spans numerous countries, as well as administration and compliance services. Our expertise includes tax filings for individuals and trusts, and co-ordinating affairs with offshore trustees.
Our key differentiator is that we have a uniquely all-encompassing and collaborative estate planning offering which includes deep expertise in both trust law and tax law, as well as the intersection between the two. This means that you save costs by coming to us for all your requirements, instead of having to instruct two different law firms.
We help you to plan so that your family is financially provided for when you are no longer able to do so yourself, and we assist your family with probate services and the swift navigation of the administration of your estate, finding practical solutions to issues that may arise. We are also able to advise you regarding leaving a legacy through the establishment of a charitable institution, should you wish to do so.
ENSafrica is recognised by top ranking agencies for achieving consistently high standards when working on the continent.
As Africa’s largest law firm with over 600 specialist practitioners, ENSafrica has the capacity to deliver on your business requirements across all major industries and the continent. We are able to leverage our resources to suit your pricing preferences and deliver within your timeframes.
We are able to assist you wherever you choose to do business on the African continent or beyond. We work closely with our colleagues throughout Africa in order to assist you with all of your requirements, whether buying property for your family or doing cross-border deals for your business.
If you have interests in Mauritius, we are able to offer a unique combination of tax and commercial lawyers based in Mauritius, together with a fiduciary service offering which includes advising on structuring and implementation, and handling all ongoing administration aspects.
what we offer
We provide private individuals, commercial organisations and charitable institutions with the full spectrum of legal, administrative and tax advice, including:
Legal and administration services
- Administration and the winding-up of deceased estates
- Advising on charitable bequests, succession planning and registration of public benefit organisations
- Advisory and formulation of wills for various jurisdictions
- Comprehensive estate and succession planning (onshore and offshore)
- Consultancy services for organisations, executors, trustees, claimants and beneficiaries
- Curatorship applications (where a person is no longer able to manage their own financial affairs or make informed decisions)
- Dispute resolution, alternative dispute resolution and litigation services for contentious matters
- Trust law advice, including formation of offshore trusts, local trusts and review of existing trust deeds
- Wealth management advice, family governance advisory and philanthropic advisory
- International (cross-border) probate services
- Tax advice for high net worth individuals who want to grow their personal wealth and/or plan for future generations.
- Tax advice for private clients in their country of residence and jurisdiction of offshore trusts or assets.
- Tax advice for private clients in respect of foreign income and assets, including the impact of any applicable double tax treaty.
- Tax advice in respect of funding and distributions from offshore trusts and foundations.
- Tax compliance services: the full spectrum of compliance-related personal tax services for individuals, estates, heirs in estates and beneficiaries of trusts, including tax filings with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and disclosure of previously undisclosed funds to SARS.
- Establishment and implementation of structures in various jurisdictions for businesses for the purpose of expanding their international operations.
- Advice on the implementation of the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), which is an information standard for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) regarding bank accounts on a global level between tax authorities.
- Tax litigation and dispute resolution.
- Exchange control assistance: remittances of income and capital abroad arising from trust distributions, inheritances and the use of single discretionary allowance and foreign investment allowance, obtaining approvals and consent from the exchange control authorities, assisting with emigration applications, tax clearance certificates and regularising previously undisclosed funds.
Emigration and immigration services
- Emigration and immigration: planning for tax and exchange control purposes, including tax residence and capital gains tax advice, approvals from SARS and the exchange control authorities, and tax compliance obligations.
- Temporary and permanent residence visas: residence applications, applications for waiver of regulatory requirements and civic affairs matters (including citizenship status determination, resumption of citizenship status and naturalisation).