- ENSafrica was named Overall Law Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the ACQ5 Law Awards 2016.
- ENSafrica was named Tax Law Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the ACQ5 Law Awards 2016.
- The ACQ5 Awards recognise organisations and individuals that have achieved outstanding commercial success in designated areas of expertise.
Acquisition International Awards
- ENSafrica was named Overall Law Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the Acquisition International M&A Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named Best Employment Law Firm (South Africa) at the Acquisition International Global Mobility, Immigration and Logistics Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named Best International Law Firm (Mauritius) at the Acquisition International Legal Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named Best in Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Law (South Africa) at the Acquisition International Legal Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named Commercial Law Firm of the Year (Africa) at the Acquisition International Legal Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named Indirect Tax Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the Acquisition International Tax Awards 2015.
- Since 2010, Acquisition International Magazine's awards have highlighted work done by firms and individuals whose ceaseless dedication to innovation, customer care and the continued growth and improvement of their businesses has seen them forge ahead of their competitors and raise the bar for performance and results in their industry. The awards are given solely on merit.
African Legal Awards
- ENSafrica was awarded Competition and Regulatory Team of the Year, IP Team of the Year and Restructuring Team of the Year at the 2016 African Legal Awards.
- The African Legal Awards, now in their fifth year, celebrate exceptional achievement, excellence and innovation in the legal profession on the African continent.
Chambers and Partners Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated as a leading law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers by the Chambers Global Guide 2016.
- ENSafrica has been ranked in 25 practice areas across eight jurisdictions and in the Africa-wide category, and 57 of the firm’s practitioners as leading lawyers in their respective fields. This includes 13 Band 1 rankings for the firm’s various practice areas and 18 Band 1 rankings for its practitioners. ENSafrica is ranked across Burundi, Ghana, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Africa-wide.
- Chambers Global Guide 2016 describes ENSafrica as follows: “Pioneering full-service firm with a large African continental network.” … “Highly competent and extremely professional, with just the right degree of personal touch.”
- Since 1990, Chambers has published the world’s leading annual guides to the legal profession and has a reputation for in-depth, objective research. Chambers has a team of over 150 full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Working with their editors, they identify and rank the world’s best lawyers on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client-service.
Finance Monthly Tax Awards
- ENSafrica was awarded International Tax Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the Finance Monthly Tax Awards 2015.
- The Finance Monthly Tax Awards celebrate and recognise excellence across an increasingly diverse and dynamic tax industry. Finance Monthly celebrates the individuals and firms who have excelled in their particular area of expertise. These individuals are constantly adapting their services to cater for their clients’ needs in an ever-changing economic climate and regulatory landscape.
Global Competition Review Rankings
- ENSafrica was ranked an Elite Law Firm by Global Competition Review 100 16th Edition.
- The Global Competition Review 100 is a guide to the world's leading competition law and economics practices.
IAM Patent 1000 Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked Silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the IAM Patent 1000 2016.
- The IAM Patent 1000 is a unique guide that identifies the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
- ENSafrica is rated as a top tier law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers by the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2017 guide and IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure 2016 guide.
- The IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2017 guide says of ENSafrica: “The firm works seamlessly throughout [its offices], and can serve its clients across the continent with a one firm approach.” Quoting some of the firm’s clients, the guide says: “They have excellent knowledge of our business and are subject matter experts” and “they are dedicated to both the client and the task at hand.”
- Client feedback on ENSafrica published in the IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure 2016 guide includes: “High level of professionalism, quick turnaround of results and very knowledgeable team, displaying a high level of innovation”.
- IFLR1000 publishes leading law firm rankings in two guides, Financial and Corporate and Energy and Infrastructure. IFLR1000’s first guide was published in 1990 and it currently conducts research in over 120 jurisdictions worldwide. Its aim is to provide clients throughout the world with easy-to-use rankings and profiles of the leading firms in each country organised by practice area, and accompanied by an analysis of the market trends and business environment. Its rankings and analysis are based on extensive independent research and no firm can pay to be part of the guides.
India Business Law Journal
- ENSafrica was named a Top Foreign Law Firm for India-related work 2016 by the India Business Law Journal.
- This is the ninth year that India Business Law Journal has conducted its survey of the top foreign firms for India-related work. Its findings are based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world, submissions received from hundreds of different law firms, and interviews and research carried out by its editorial team.
InterContinental Finance & Law Magazine's Awards
- ENSafrica was named Best Employment Law Firm (South Africa) at the 2016 InterContinental Finance and Law Magazine's Country Awards.
- ENSafrica was named Litigation and Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year (South Africa) at the InterContinental Finance & Law Magazine Law Awards 2015.
- ENSafrica was named a Top Firm by the InterContinental Finance & Law Magazine’s Top 250 Leading Firms 2016.
- InterContinental Finance & Law Magazine has established itself as one of the premier specialist industry publications in the world, with a global readership of over 158 500 every month. Each one of these readers looks to them for advice on who the best individuals or firms are to partner with in both local and cross-border transactions.
- The InterContinental Finance & Law Magazine’s 250 Leading Firms is a definitive list of the top 250 Law, Finance and Private Equity providers from around the globe.
International Tax Review
- ENSafrica was voted South Africa Tax Firm of the Year at the International Tax Review European Tax Awards 2016.
- The International Tax Review European Tax Awards have taken place annually since 2005 and recognise leading international tax professionals. Criteria for the awards are size, innovation and impact.
- ENSafrica (as Taxand South Africa) is ranked by International Tax Review’s World Tax 2017 Guide as a tier one leading firm in South Africa for its tax advisory practice and as a second-tier leading firm in its World Transfer Pricing 2017 Guide for transfer pricing in South Africa.
- ITR describes tier one firms as “the ‘go-to’ firms in their jurisdiction and are praised by taxpayers and peers alike as market leaders in all key areas of tax”.
Legal 500 Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated in the top tier in several areas and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers by the Legal 500 2016.
- ENSafrica has been ranked in 22 practice areas across five jurisdictions, as well as in the Africa regional category. In addition, 58 of our practitioners feature as leading or recommended lawyers, some of whom have received more than one ranking. This includes 15 Top Tier rankings for ENSafrica’s various practice areas and rankings across Burundi, Ghana, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania and Africa-wide. (The Legal 500 does not currently cover certain jurisdictions in which ENSafrica has offices; namely, Namibia, Rwanda and Uganda.)
- The Legal 500 2016 says of ENSafrica: “The ‘practical’ team at ENSafrica is well placed to advise clients on investments into Africa, leveraging its strong network of offices across the continent.”
- ENSafrica is ranked in the Top Tier for Leading Tax Law Firms (South Africa) in the Legal 500 Tax Directors Handbook 2016.
- For 27 years, the Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world by assessing the strengths of law firms in 106 jurisdictions. The Legal 500 highlights the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Their research is based on feedback from 250 000 clients worldwide, as well as submissions from law firms, interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Managing Intellectual Property Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 2 for Trade Mark Contentious (South Africa) by Managing Intellectual Property 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 2 for Trade Mark Prosecution (South Africa) by Managing Intellectual Property 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 3 for Copyright (South Africa) by Managing Intellectual Property 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 3 for Patent Contentious (South Africa) by Managing Intellectual Property 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 4 for Patent Prosecution (South Africa) by Managing Intellectual Property 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked as a Top Tier firm for Patents and Trademarks (South Africa) by the Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars 2016.
- The Managing Intellectual Property rankings feature only the leading IP practitioners in private practice and firms in over 40 jurisdictions. The list is based on market feedback and independent information obtained by its researchers. The research is impartial and rigorous. No practitioner can pay to be included or solicit recommendations from colleagues.
Top Employers Institute Certification
- ENSafrica received a Top Employers South Africa 2017 certification. This is the eighth year in a row that the firm has been recognised as a top employer.
- The Top Employers certification is only awarded to the best employers around the world: organisations that demonstrate the highest standards of employee offerings, including a forward-thinking human resources environment that is continuously working to optimise its employee conditions and leading the way in the development of its people.
- The Top Employers Institute said this of ENSafrica: “Our comprehensive independent research revealed that ENSafrica provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation and has demonstrated its leadership status in the HR environment, always striving to optimise its employment practices and to develop its employees."
Who’s Who Legal
- ENSafrica features in the Who’s Who Legal top 10 Leading Pro Bono Firms 2015.
- Who’s Who Legal’s list of top 10 Leading Pro Bono Firms includes those firms that “are paving the way in terms of their approach to the practice of pro bono, and who have achieved senior buy-in across the organisation, generated significant change and selected projects that leverage the skills of lawyers at the firm”. Other considerations were whether the firms had established a pro bono culture and a comparison of the number of hours dedicated to pro bono to the firm’s total billable hours for the same year.
World Finance Legal Awards
- ENSafrica was voted Best Tax Firm, South Africa at the World Finance Legal Awards 2015.
- Since 2007, World Finance has been recognising innovation, brilliance and achievement in its annual awards.
World Trademark Review 1000 Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked Silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the World Trademark Review 1000 2016.
- The World Trademark Review 1000, a guide to the world’s leading trademark professionals, is now in its sixth year. This year’s publication identifies the trademark industry’s leading lights in 71 jurisdictions around the world.