African Legal Awards
- ENSafrica was awarded Property and Construction Team of the Year and was highly commended for the Banking, Finance and Restructuring Team of the Year category at the 2017 African Legal Awards.
- The African Legal Awards, now in their sixth year, celebrate exceptional achievement, excellence and innovation in the legal profession on the African continent.
Chambers and Partners Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated as a leading law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers in the Chambers Global Guide 2017.
- ENSafrica is ranked in 29 practice areas across eight jurisdictions and in the Africa-wide category. In addition, 63 of the firm’s practitioners are ranked as leading lawyers in their respective fields, with several practitioners receiving more than one ranking. This includes 14 Band 1 rankings for the firm’s various practice areas and 22 Band 1 rankings for its practitioners. ENSafrica is ranked across Burundi, Ghana, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Africa-wide.
- The Chambers Global Guide 2017 describes ENSafrica as follows: “Sources praise the group’s combination of detailed legal knowledge, disciplined professional approach and dedication to the client’s interests.”
- Since 1990, Chambers and Partners has published the world’s leading annual guides to the legal profession and has a reputation for in-depth, objective and independent research. Chambers and Partners has a team of over 170 editors and full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Working with their editors, they identify and rank the world’s best lawyers on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service.
- ENSafrica was recognised as a leading corporate legal advisor in terms of both transaction value and numbers at the 16th Annual DealMakers Gala Awards.
- The DealMakers Awards are based essentially on objective evidence – the value of deals or transactions, and the number of them.
Global Competition Review 100 (GCR100) Rankings
- ENSafrica was ranked an Elite Law Firm by GCR 100 17th edition.
- The GCR 100 is a guide to the world’s leading competition law and economics practices.
IAM Patent 1000 Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the IAM Patent 1000 2017.
- The IAM Patent 1000 identifies the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
- ENSafrica is rated as a top tier law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers in the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2018 guide.
- The IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2018 guide says of ENSafrica: “ENSafrica remains one of the preeminent firms in Africa with offices across the continent from Ghana to Uganda. Unlike many of its peers the firm’s network is fully integrated and thus it is one of the few to boast a truly cohesive pan-African offering.”
- IFLR1000 publishes leading law firm rankings in its annual Financial and Corporate Guide. IFLR1000’s first guide was published in 1990 and it currently conducts research in over 120 jurisdictions worldwide. Its rankings and analysis are based on extensive independent research and no firm can pay to be part of the guide.
India Business Law Journal Recognition
- For the third consecutive year, ENSafrica has been named a top foreign law firm for India-related work 2017 by the India Business Law Journal.
- ENSafrica is the only African law firm to be featured in the report’s top 25 “firms to watch”, with the report stating the following about the firm: “ENSafrica’s India desk has in-depth experience in structuring foreign investments into India, providing legal and tax advisory services, and setting up and managing special purpose vehicles for investments and joint ventures. The firm has India practice group members scattered across its offices in Africa including in Mauritius.”
- The report, now in its 11th year, is based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world, submissions received from hundreds of law firms and interviews and research carried out by the journal’s editorial team.
International Tax Review (ITR) Rankings
- ENSafrica (as Taxand South Africa) is ranked by ITR’s World Tax 2018 Guide as a tier one leading firm in South Africa for its tax advisory practice and in the World Transfer Pricing 2018 Guide as a tier one leading firm for transfer pricing in South Africa.
- ITR describes tier one firms as “the ‘go-to’ firms in their jurisdiction and are praised by taxpayers and peers alike as market leaders in all key areas of tax”.
Legal 500 Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated in the top tier in several areas and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers by the Legal 500 EMEA 2017.
- ENSafrica has been ranked in 22 practice areas across four jurisdictions, as well as in the Africa regional category. This includes 15 top tier rankings for ENSafrica’s various practice areas and rankings across Ghana, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania and Africa-wide. In addition, 70 ENSafrica practitioners feature as leading or recommended lawyers, some of whom have received more than one ranking. (The Legal 500 does not currently cover certain jurisdictions in which ENSafrica has offices. namely Namibia, Rwanda and Uganda.)
- ENSafrica is ranked in the top tier for Leading Tax Law Firms (South Africa) in the Legal 500 Tax Directors Handbook 2017.
- The Legal 500 says of ENSafrica: “ENSafrica … provides ‘excellent response times’, ‘industry knowledge’ and ‘concise as well as practical advice’.”
- For 29 years, the Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 100 jurisdictions. The Legal 500 highlights the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Their research is based on feedback from 300 000 clients worldwide, as well as submissions from law firms, interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked in tier 2 for Trade Mark Contentious and Trade Mark Filing and Prosecution; tier 3 for Copyright and Patent Contentious; and is also recognised as a notable firm for Patent Filing and Prosecution (all South Africa) in the MIP 2017 IP Stars guide.
- MIP rankings feature only the leading IP practitioners in private practice and firms in over 40 jurisdictions. Its rankings are based on market feedback and independent, impartial and rigorous research.
Top Employers Institute Certification
- ENSafrica received a Top Employers South Africa 2017 certification. This is the eighth year in a row that the firm has been recognised as a top employer.
- The Top Employers certification is only awarded to the best employers around the world: organisations that demonstrate the highest standards of employee offerings, including a forward-thinking human resources environment that is continuously working to optimise its employee conditions and leading the way in the development of its people.
- The Top Employers Institute said this of ENSafrica: “Our comprehensive independent research revealed that ENSafrica provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation and has demonstrated its leadership status in the HR environment, always striving to optimise its employment practices and to develop its employees.”
Who’s Who Legal
- ENSafrica has been named South Africa Law Firm of the Year 2017 in the Who’s Who Legal Country and State category at the Who’s Who Legal Awards 2017.
- Since 1996 Who’s Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in business law based upon comprehensive, independent research. It is impossible to buy entry into this publication.
World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the WTR 1000 2017.
- The WTR 1000, a guide to the world’s leading trademark professionals, is now in its sixth year. This year’s publication identifies the trade mark industry’s leading lights in 71 jurisdictions around the world.