Africa Global Funds Service Providers Awards
- ENSafrica was named Best Onshore Law Firm: Client Service at the Africa Global Funds Service Providers Awards 2016.
- ENSafrica was named Best Tax Advisory Firm at the Africa Global Funds Service Providers Awards 2016.
- The Africa Global Funds Service Providers Awards honour outstanding efforts and accomplishments of fund service providers covering Africa. One of the key factors in selecting the winners was client feedback.
African Legal Awards
- ENSafrica was awarded Competition and Regulatory Team of the Year, IP Team of the Year and Restructuring Team of the Year at the 2016 African Legal Awards.
- The African Legal Awards, now in their fifth year, celebrate exceptional achievement, excellence and innovation in the legal profession on the African continent.
Chambers and Partners Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated as a leading law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers in the Chambers Global Guide 2016.
- ENSafrica is ranked in 25 practice areas across eight jurisdictions and in the Africa-wide category, and 57 of the firm’s practitioners are ranked as leading lawyers in their respective fields. This includes 13 Band 1 rankings for the firm’s various practice areas and 18 Band 1 rankings for its practitioners. ENSafrica is ranked across Burundi, Ghana, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Africa-wide.
- The Chambers Global Guide 2016 describes ENSafrica as follows: “Pioneering full-service firm with a large African continental network.” … “Highly competent and extremely professional, with just the right degree of personal touch.”
- Since 1990, Chambers has published the world’s leading annual guides to the legal profession and has a reputation for in-depth, objective research. Chambers has a team of over 150 full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Working with their editors, they identify and rank the world’s best lawyers on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service.
- ENSafrica was recognised as a leading corporate legal adviser in terms of both transaction value and numbers at the 15th Annual DealMakers Gala Awards.
- DealMakers’ Awards are based essentially on objective evidence – the value of deals or transactions, and the number of them.
Global Competition Review 100 (GCR100) Rankings
- ENSafrica was ranked an Elite Law Firm by Global Competition Review 100 16th Edition.
- The Global Competition Review 100 is a guide to the world's leading competition law and economics practices.
IAM Patent 1000 Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked Silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the IAM Patent 1000 2016.
- The IAM Patent 1000 is a unique guide that identifies the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
- ENSafrica is rated as a top tier law firm and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers in the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2017 guide and IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure 2016 guide.
- The IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2017 guide says of ENSafrica: “The firm works seamlessly throughout [its offices], and can serve its clients across the continent with a one firm approach.” Quoting some of the firm’s clients, the guide says: “They have excellent knowledge of our business and are subject matter experts” and “they are dedicated to both the client and the task at hand.”
- Client feedback on ENSafrica published in the IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure 2016 guide includes: “High level of professionalism, quick turnaround of results and very knowledgeable team, displaying a high level of innovation”.
- IFLR1000 publishes leading law firm rankings in two guides, Financial and Corporate and Energy and Infrastructure. IFLR1000’s first guide was published in 1990 and it currently conducts research in over 120 jurisdictions worldwide. Its rankings and analysis are based on extensive independent research and no firm can pay to be part of the guides.
India Business Law Journal
- ENSafrica was named a Top Foreign Law Firm for India-related work 2016 by the India Business Law Journal.
- This is the ninth year that India Business Law Journal has conducted its survey of the top foreign firms for India-related work. Its findings are based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world, submissions received from hundreds of different law firms, and interviews and research carried out by its editorial team.
International Tax Review (ITR)
- ENSafrica was voted South Africa Tax Firm of the Year at the International Tax Review European Tax Awards 2016.
- ENSafrica (as Taxand South Africa) is ranked by International Tax Review’s World Tax 2017 Guide as a tier one leading firm in South Africa for its tax advisory practice and as a second-tier leading firm in its World Transfer Pricing 2017 Guide for transfer pricing in South Africa.
- The International Tax Review (“ITR”) European Tax Awards have taken place annually since 2005 and recognise leading international tax professionals. Criteria for the awards are size, innovation and impact.
- ITR describes tier one firms as “the ‘go-to’ firms in their jurisdiction and are praised by taxpayers and peers alike as market leaders in all key areas of tax”.
Legal 500 Rankings
- ENSafrica is rated in the top tier in several areas and ENSafrica practitioners are listed as leading lawyers by the Legal 500 2016.
- ENSafrica has been ranked in 22 practice areas across five jurisdictions, as well as in the Africa regional category. In addition, 58 ENSafrica practitioners feature as leading or recommended lawyers, some of whom have received more than one ranking. This includes 15 Top Tier rankings for ENSafrica’s various practice areas and rankings across Burundi, Ghana, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania and Africa-wide. (The Legal 500 does not currently cover certain jurisdictions in which ENSafrica has offices; namely, Namibia, Rwanda and Uganda.)
- ENSafrica is ranked in the Top Tier for Leading Tax Law Firms (South Africa) in the Legal 500 Tax Directors Handbook 2016.
- The Legal 500 2016 says of ENSafrica: “The ‘practical’ team at ENSafrica is well placed to advise clients on investments into Africa, leveraging its strong network of offices across the continent.”
- For 27 years, the Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world by assessing the strengths of law firms in 106 jurisdictions. The Legal 500 highlights the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Their research is based on feedback from 250 000 clients worldwide, as well as submissions from law firms, interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 2 for Trade Mark Contentious (South Africa) in the Managing Intellectual Property 2016 IP Stars guide.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 2 for Trade Mark Prosecution (South Africa) in the Managing Intellectual Property 2016 IP Stars guide.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 3 for Copyright (South Africa) in the Managing Intellectual Property 2016 IP Stars guide.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 3 for Patent Contentious (South Africa) in the Managing Intellectual Property 2016 IP Stars guide.
- ENSafrica is ranked in Tier 4 for Patent Prosecution (South Africa) in the Managing Intellectual Property 2016 IP Stars guide.
- The Managing Intellectual Property rankings feature only the leading IP practitioners in private practice and firms in over 40 jurisdictions. The list is based on market feedback and independent information obtained by its researchers. The research is impartial and rigorous. No practitioner can pay to be included or solicit recommendations from colleagues.
Top Employers Institute Certification
- ENSafrica received a Top Employers South Africa 2017 certification. This is the eighth year in a row that the firm has been recognised as a top employer.
- The Top Employers certification is only awarded to the best employers around the world: organisations that demonstrate the highest standards of employee offerings, including a forward-thinking human resources environment that is continuously working to optimise its employee conditions and leading the way in the development of its people.
- The Top Employers Institute said this of ENSafrica: “Our comprehensive independent research revealed that ENSafrica provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation and has demonstrated its leadership status in the HR environment, always striving to optimise its employment practices and to develop its employees.”
World Trademark Review 1000 Rankings
- ENSafrica is ranked Silver for Intellectual Property (South Africa) by the World Trademark Review 1000 2016.
- The World Trademark Review 1000, a guide to the world’s leading trademark professionals, is now in its sixth year. This year’s publication identifies the trade mark industry’s leading lights in 71 jurisdictions around the world.